Logitech UE Smart Radio Privacy Statement
Effective as of August 22, 2012
Welcome to the World of Logitech UE Smart Radio!
When you use Logitech UE Smart Radio products and services, you provide certain information to the Logitech company identified in the Terms of Service accompanying your product or provided during the product registration or initialization process ("Logitech" or "us," "our" or "we").
In this Privacy Statement, we explain our data collection and processing practices for Smart Radio products and services. These include hardware (such as Logitech UE Smart Radio), software (such as Smart Radio Software and the Logitech UE Media Library), the uesmartradio.com website and other Smart Radio branded URLs, and Smart Radio applications for smart phones / tablets. These products and services also include the hardware, software, websites and applications that are branded Squeezebox, our former name for the Smart Radio family of products and services. References below to Smart Radio also include Squeezebox.
Information Collection and Submission
Information You Provide Us
When you register or set up your product, we may ask you for and collect certain information such as your name, email address, country, language preference and password, and the Smart Radio devices you wish to link with your account.
If you have an account with a third party service that is available on your Logitech UE Smart Radio, you may need to provide your user name and password or other credentials from the third party service to access your account.
You will know what information you submit in each case, because you will enter it yourself.
If you contact us for customer support, you will provide us with information when you contact us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use your Smart Radio product or service, our servers automatically receive and record information regarding your use of the product or service, including:
- Your listening activity, including information about the content that you access or stream, and on what third party services. This information is not collected if you use your Smart Radio to play music stored on a separate device through the "line-in" function.
- The Internet protocol address of your Smart Radio and/or Media Access Control (MAC) address
- Event logging or sessions data, such as date, time, on/off, and other interaction with the product.
- The hardware device type, the version number of the firmware or application you use, and other software or hardware information.
If you do not wish Logitech to collect the information above, then do not use Smart Radio products or services.
Third Party Music and Other Services
If you do not wish the third party music services to collect the information above, then do not register for or use the third party services.
We use the information you and your product provide to us in order to provide the Smart Radio service to you and enhance and improve it for you and other users, to provide content recommendations, to share aggregate session information with third party music services and to provide technical support and information to you.
With your permission, we may also contact you with other relevant information, including product announcements, special offers, and events.
Transfer and Information Storage
Most of the information Logitech collects is stored on Logitech servers in the United States, or any other countries in which Logitech or its corporate affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We may therefore transfer and process your personal information on servers located outside of the country where you live. By using your Smart Radio product or service you consent to this transfer of your personal information.
Some of this information is stored directly on your Logitech UE Smart Radio product, your computer and/or your Smart Radio tablet or smart phone application.
Control & Review of Your Personal Information
You have the ability to direct us to edit, correct or erase certain information pertaining to you, your product and your use of the product by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may stop the delivery of marketing e-mails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received or by clicking http://www.logitech.com/en-us/footer/subscription-management?wt.mc_id=usym_redirect_/subscribe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent our customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. We disclose information you submit only as follows:
- When you access a third party music service, we may share such information as your IP address, country, and account credentials with the service.
- We may also enable third party services whose services you use on your Smart Radio to collect information regarding usage of their services on your Smart Radio.
- We hire affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to provide the service to you including Logitech Inc., which is certified under the EU/CH-US Safe Harbor Program. For more information about Safe Harbor, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. All service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and process your information only on our behalf and subject to our instructions. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Logitech's certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.
- We may share redacted or anonymized information freely, but only after we redact it to ensure that recipients cannot use the data to identify you or link the data to you.
- We may have to disclose information for purposes of protecting your or our legal rights or as required by law or orders from courts and government entities.
- We may disclose to another business entity should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity; or to any organization involved in a merger, transfer, or sale of our assets or business.
Protection of Information
We are committed to the protection of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to This Statement and Notices
By using Smart Radio products and services, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement, as well as its other terms.
If we update this Privacy Statement, we will post changes at www.uesmartradio.com or otherwise notify you. Your continued use of Smart Radio products or services will constitute acceptance of the changes.
Any translation of this Privacy Statement is done for local requirements or convenience, and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version, the English version of this Privacy Statement will govern.